Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Healthy" Competition & Other Happenings..




Seth and Andrew marveling over the "trophy" they won from Guesstures. They requested a picture of this. Unlike Rhianon and I, who have now won 

Cranium TWICE in a row, they apparently need validation and photographic
proof of their winnings :)


Can I just say I have NEVER been a competitive person? Not ever. I didn't really play sports growing up (due to a serious lack of hand-eye coordination- my almost 9 month old is currently far more coordinated than I am, no joke) and I have never seen the need to be cut-throat, all out, or intense in any aspect of my life. I was never a sore loser. But for some reason, the game nights we've been having recently have changed my tune. The thrill of beating Andrew at something- when in reality he is better than me at everything not involving a textbook- is intoxicating. We argue about the rules, belittle the thoughts and actions of the boys that we love and really get rather vicious. I'm not sure what this means about our relationship. But I'd like to say again for the record..we won Cranium TWICE. Two whole times. Which is one time more than the boys. That makes us winners. And not losers. 





Gracie and I spent a lovely day with Mimi, shopping for new books & scrap booking supplies and going out to a lunch that included fried cheese & a molten white chocolate cake. In a word? Perfection. There is nothing like the smell and feel of a new book in your hands. Going to Barnes & Noble with a gift card for me is the equivalent or a crack addict with a fresh stash...ecstasy. AND I got a brand new cookbook for our crock-pot. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that the Christmas gift I was most excited about, and have used the most since Christmas, is my crock-pot...





                        
       
  Hmm..Soda, that sounds like something good to try. 
Or at least something good to dump
all over my Mom's lap & brand new coat. Yeah..I like that idea. 
                                                  
                                                                

         My sweet peanut girl looks like she might be plotting something here. Like exactly what time she will wake up screaming. Or how she will time that projectile spit up just right, for maximum impact. I'm convinced she's a little bit sinister-- but the way she burrows her head in my chest, and her breath gets slow & her body heavy in that peaceful time just before sleep...that makes me forget. 








Currently debating whether to go spend some time on the evil elliptical OR curl up on the couch with my book. Hmmm... decisions, decisions :)



No comments:

Post a Comment